Hey there, are you searching for the best-paying jobs in auto manufacturing? Do you want to get a job in the automotive industry that pays well? So, you should say thank you to yourself because you landed on this page.
This article is all about the best paying jobs in auto manufacturing, the best paying jobs in the automotive industry, and many more.
We will let you know how to get automotive jobs that pay over $100k. However, the salary package will depend on your gained experience, skills, qualifications, and many other factors.
Why choose the automotive industry to get the highest-paying job?
One of the most significant businesses in the US is the auto industry. Jobs in auto manufacturing in the USA are in high demand due to the extreme increase in the number of vehicles, and exportation businesses. Jobs in the auto sector may be centered on activities like engineering, production, sales, and design.
Read the full article for more concise, proper, factual, and actual information related to jobs in the automotive and manufacturing industry.
Current Trends and Statistics About Auto Manufacturing Industry (2022)
After thorough research, the current trends and statistics about the US automotive industry have been gathered below. Read all the points carefully, it will help you to know whether you are searching for a job in the right industry or not.
- The total revenue of the US auto industry contributes to 3% of America’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product).
- Motor vehicle and automotive parts retailers in the United States generated $1.249 trillion in revenue in 2020.
- In 2020, the global production of automobiles reached over 77.6 million. Only China was the country that produced more cars globally than the United States.
- As of the data collected, the market for automotive manufacturing in the US is estimated to be worth $82.6 billion as of 2021.
- The number of workers in the auto industry has increased from 906,900 (in 2020) to 923,700 (in 2021). That represents an increase in employment of 16,800 positions, which is a positive start to the industry’s post-pandemic recovery.
- As of November 2021, 923,700 people were employed in the manufacturing of motor vehicles and their parts.
- Over 1.7 million people are employed by the automotive industry overall.
- In the US, there are about 2 million people employed in the auto industry.
- As of November 2021, on average, an auto manufacturer employee’s hourly wage was $25.51.
- The US automobile industry is expanding with a 7.22 % compound annual growth rate.
Expert’s Tip: Before searching for the best paying jobs in auto manufacturing, it is highly recommended by the experts to know the current job trends in the respective industry.
List of Careers in the Automotive Industry
If you want to pursue a career in the automotive industry then it is the best time to work with technologies related to vehicles. Maintenance, designing, development, repairing, sales, and customer service are just a few of the career areas covered by jobs in the automotive industry.
Various career options for the highest paying automotive jobs in the automotive industry are covered in the following section. If you are willing to make your career in such a demanding industry. Then it is suggested to go through the below section thoroughly. ‘
The given data is a compilation of the latest statistics reported by the United State BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics) by May 2021.
|Job Post/Trade||Average Median Pay (May 2021)||Job Outlook (By 2030)|
|Industrial Production Manager||$103,150||5%|
|Automotive Service Manager||$67,500||—|
|Diesel Service Technicians and Mechanics||$48,690||7%|
|Air Conditioning Technician||$48,630||5%|
|Automotive Body and Related Repairers||$47,270||6%|
|Automotive Service Technician||$46,880||0% or Little change|
|Automotive Service Mechanics||$46,880||0% or Little change|
|Spraying machine setters, operators, and tenders||$39,130||7%|
|Quality Control Inspector||$38,580||-12%|
|Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers||$37,920||6%|
Career Options for the Highest Paying Automotive Jobs: Salary, Job details
1. Sales Manager
Average Expected Salary- $127,490
- A minimum bachelor’s degree is required for the post of Sales Manager.
- Minimum 5 years of experience is needed for the related post of sales representative.
- Keeps an eye on costs, competition, as well as supply and demand.
- Keeps up with changing trends, supply and demand, economic indicators, and competitors to maintain sales volume, and selling price.
- Determines and modifies selling prices.
Are you from Texas, then you would find this interesting – 20 High-Paying Jobs in Texas without a Degree.
2. Industrial Production Manager
Average Expected Salary- $103,150
- A minimum bachelor’s degree is required for the post of Industrial Production Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years or more experience is needed for the related post.
- Make strategies for the most efficient use of a plant’s staff and machinery to achieve production targets.
- Make sure the production keeps to the budget and schedule.
- Employ, educate, and review the skills of staff.
3. Mechanical Designer/ Engineer
Average Expected Salary- $95,300
- A minimum bachelor’s degree is required in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Work together with the project manager to identify the needs of the project.
- Responsible for engineering calculations, specifications, as well as mechanical drawings.
- Participate in mechanical system and prototype design reviews.
4. Industrial Designer
Average Expected Salary- $77,030
- A minimum bachelor’s degree is required in related fields to become an Industrial Designer.
- Create multiple models of various designs employing software.
- Work with other experts to determine whether their design ideas will satisfy the need at an affordable price or not.
- To decide whether a design is workable or not.
- Consider factors like product safety, aesthetics, and functionality.
5. Safety Manager
Average Expected Salary- $76,600
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental studies, or related field to become a Safety Manager.
- Check and confirm that the industry fully complied with all applicable safety regulations.
- Keep up-to-date and adequate data per the rules of the company.
- Interpretation of incident reports, statistics, and injury case studies to make changes that will make the workplace safer.
6. Automotive Service Manager
Average Expected Salary- $67,500
- A minimum bachelor’s degree or related certificate to become an Automotive Service Manager.
- Automobile service managers are in charge of cost maintenance, review, and submitting adjustments to the vendor or manufacturer.
- To ensure that the service members follow the organization’s policies and other legal requirements on the job.
- Monitors the operations of auto workers, undertakes research, and tests methods for maintaining vehicles.
7. Electronics Technician
Average Expected Salary- $63,640
Qualification- An associate degree or related certificate is required to become an electronics technician.
- The capacity to operate, set up, configure, and calibrate test apparatus, including oscilloscopes and many other corresponding devices.
- Ensure that products are set up and calibrated properly by working with quality control.
- Obtain New Product Information (NPI) from OEMs and work with them to resolve any design or testing problems.
8. Diesel Service Technicians and Mechanics
Average Expected Salary- $48,690
- The minimum requirement of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required to become a Diesel Service Technician and Mechanic.
- Responsible for various corrections, alignments, and repairs to address if there are any issues with the vehicle.
- To verify the state of the vehicles, and also carry out test drives, and diagnostic procedures.
- Using technical maps and other info to organize work procedures.
9. Air Conditioning Technician
Average Expected Salary- $48,630
- The minimum requirement of Postsecondary or equivalent is needed to become an Air Conditioning Technician.
- Automotive AC technicians are responsible for installing and resolving issues with built-in AC systems in vehicles.
- Maintaining the different parts, such as the compressors, and condensers.
- To perform various types of AC system maintenance in cars, trucks, and other vehicles.
10. Automotive Body and Related Repairers
Average Expected Salary- $47,270
- The minimum requirement of a High School Diploma or equivalent is needed to become an Automotive Body and Related Repairer.
- Meet the requirements of supervisors’ instructions regarding which components to repair or replace.
- Use wrenches, air grinders, metal-cutting guns, and other tools to remove damaged vehicle parts, and then replace them with new ones.
11. Automotive Service Technician
Average Expected Salary- $46,880
- The minimum requirement of a program at a post-secondary institution is needed to become an Automotive Service Technician.
- As per the recommendations of the dealer and manufacturer, maintain vehicles as needed for routine scheduled maintenance.
- To check vehicles and perform preventive maintenance tasks like engine tune-ups, oil changes, and tire rotations.
You can also find these jobs on the best jobs sites – read this 10 Best Job Posting Sites for Employers in the USA!
12. Automotive Service Mechanics
Average Expected Salary- $46,880
- The minimum requirement of a program at a post-secondary institution is needed to become an Automotive Service Mechanic.
- Keep track of all the components, fluids, and timing for each vehicle.
- Follow all safety and OSHA guidelines for safety protocol.
- Make a note of every service and then report it to the service manager.
13. Spraying machine setters, operators, and tenders
Average Expected Salary- $39,130
- The minimum requirement of a High School Diploma or equivalent is needed to become spraying machine setters, operators and tenders.
- They are responsible for positioning the spray guns, adjusting the nozzles, and scheduling the action of the guns with the movement of the conveyor that moves products through the machine.
- These employees program the machine, maintain the machinery and keep an eye on gauges in the control center.
- Inspect the products to make sure they are being painted evenly throughout the process.
14. Quality Control Inspector
Average Expected Salary- $38,580
- The minimum requirement of a High School Diploma or equivalent is needed to become a Quality Control Inspector.
- They operate from a variety of locations, including production lines, and quality control divisions of numerous different kinds of businesses.
- Quality control inspectors are in charge of examining the products or materials to make sure they adhere to the standards set by the manufacturers.
15. Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
Average Expected Salary- $37,920
- The minimum requirement of a High School Diploma or equivalent is needed to become an Automotive Glass Installers and Repairs.
- The main task is to replace, and refinish vehicle bodies, frames, windshields, and window glass by automotive body and glass technicians.
- As per the current demand, choose the proper tools, safety gear, and components.
- To weatherproof windows or to stop rattling, install rubber channeling strips around the edges of the glass or the window frames.
List of Companies for Providing Best Paying Jobs in Auto Manufacturing
Now, you have familiarised yourself with all the best paying jobs in auto manufacturing. But I am sure you are wondering about how to get these jobs. Which companies pay the highest for respective jobs? Which company should you join to get the best paying jobs in auto manufacturing?
So, here is your answer regarding the best automotive companies, not only in the USA but all over the world. Check out the list of some of the automotive and manufacturing companies that pay lucrative amounts to fascinated job seekers:
- Volkswagen Group of America
- SGC Holding Company Inc.
- Volvo Trucks
- Mercedes Benz-USA
- Ford Motor
- General Motors
- Park Ave Motor Corp
- Graham Group
- Yazaki North America
- Auto Trader Group
The fifth-largest industry in the US is America’s durable manufacturing sector, which includes a sizable portion of the auto manufacturing sector.
The US automobile industry has enormous growth potential due to increasing consumer demand. Additionally, the prospects for EVs may ensure that the automotive industry continues to contribute more to GDP (3%) and employment in the upcoming years.
So, people who are searching for the best paying jobs in auto manufacturing have a tremendous opportunity to excel in their careers in the automobile industry. Females can also go for a sales manager job if they have an attractive personality.
FAQs related to best paying jobs in auto manufacturing
What is the highest-paying job in the car industry?
The job profile such as Sales Executive Officer, Sales Manager, Industrial Production Manager, Mechanical designer, Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Designer, etc. is among the best paying jobs in the car industry. You can expect a lucrative salary ranging from $60,000 to $ 120,000 for these job posts.
What manufacturing jobs pay the most?
Information Technology Manager, Human Resources Manager, and Operation Manager are among a few of the manufacturing jobs that pay the most, ranging from $88k- $140k.
What jobs make over $100k a year?
There are many jobs in the automotive industry that can make over 100k a year. A list of such tremendous jobs in the automotive industry is given as under
– IT manager
– Operation Manager
– Human Resource Manager
– Sales Manager
– Industrial Production Manager