Highest paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology | Best jobs with psychology bachelor’s degree| Government Jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology
A warm welcome to all my Bachelor’s Psychologists! I know, you are searching for the highest paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology, right? Yes, of course, you are searching for the same.
But you are wondering how I can help you to find the best jobs, right? Then let me tell you first, that you have landed on the right page. Let’s see what you will find below in the article for getting the best jobs in psychology.
You will find all the answers related to psychology job queries. Such as what are the best jobs with a psychology bachelor’s degree? What is a psychology bachelor’s degree? Is psychology a good career for you? How much will you be paid with entry-level jobs for a psychology bachelors? And many other related queries will be solved through this one article only.
So, are you ready to go with me? Yes, of course, you are ready and excited too.
Introduction to a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
The term Psychology is derived from the Greek word ‘Psyche’ + ‘Logos’. Where psyche stands for ‘Soul’ or ‘Life’ and Logus stands for ‘Study’ or ‘Knowledge’. Formerly, it was considered the ‘study of the soul’. But now in the present era, it is known as the ‘Study of Behavior’.
So, psychology basically means studying human behavior, and nature. It has very broad fields. The broad and diverse field of psychology covers the study of human thought, behavioral patterns, growth, personality, sentiment, motivation, and more.
So, having a bachelor’s degree is not only for being a psychologist. But you can explore your career in many different but related subfields. And hence, you will be able to explore more opportunities for careers in psychology with a bachelor’s degree.
Bachelor’s degree programmes in psychology do not only study the mind but also have covered different fields such as communication, history, data analysis, statistics, conflict resolution, and research.
People with undergraduate degrees in different psychology programs may work in a variety of fields. Such as education, social services, sales, marketing, business, law enforcement, and many other fields.
Psychology bachelor’s degree programmes may contain the following courses. Through the courses listed above, you (our future psychologists) can more effectively perform the duties of your respective roles in a variety of industries and specific jobs
- Psychology of Human Behavior, Sex, and Evolution
- Cognitive Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Applied or Clinical Psychology
- Forensic Psychology
- Introduction to of Abnormal Psychology
- Overview of General Psychology
- Basics of Drugs and Behavior
- Statistics of Personality
- Aging psychology
- Comparative Psychology
- Social or Community Psychology
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- Perspectives on Psychological Issues
- Experimental Psychology
- History of Psychology
- Theories of Psychology.
Careers in Psychology With a Bachelor’s Degree
If you own a bachelor’s degree in psychology then a lot of career doors will be open for you in different fields of expertise. Here are some of the best highest paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology, where you can start your career in the near future.
Such jobs for bachelor’s degree holders in psychology are listed below:
- Administrative Service Manager
- Community service Manager
- Computer Programmer
- Health Educator
- Human Factor Specialist
- Human Resource Specialist
- Management Analyst
- Market Research Analysts
- Public Relations Specialist
- Sales Representative
- Guidance Counselor
- Career Advisor
- Human Services Professional
- Victim Advocate
The above-mentioned jobs are just a few of the available jobs for a bachelor’s degree in psychology. You can explore your career in many other fields as well, just with having expertise in the related field. You can also become a psychologist without having a psychology degree.
Top 11 Highest Paying Jobs With a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
If you are searching for the highest paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. Then you should be aware that you have to go for further studies such as a Master’s degree, and various Doctoral programmes.
However, applying for the jobs listed below is necessary to make top salaries with this degree. The list of top 11 highest paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology is given as under
1. Career Counselor and Advisor
National Average Salary (Expected): $60,510
- Attend community and business gatherings, networking functions, workshops and seminars on workforce development, and other relevant and important events as needed.
- In accordance with ABHES standards, track all employment placements and the accompanying documentation.
Also Read: 20 Best Paying Jobs for Attractive Females (USA)
2. Marketing Specialist
National Average Salary (Expected): $49,758
- Gather and analyze data depending on customer needs and preferences.
- Create reports and presentations on findings, and produce graphics to highlight key points.
- Transform challenging findings and materials into text that is easily easy to understand.
- Create marketing campaigns to appeal to the target market using email, social media, and traditional media.
3. Public Relation Specialist
National Average Salary (Expected): $55,697
- Create PR initiatives, campaigns, and strategies to enhance the public’s perception of the business.
- Enhance relationships between management and employees.
- Create and release company newsletters and other literature.
- Respond to public and media requests for information.
- Find the target market for the company’s product or service.
4. Social or Community Service Manager
National Average Salary (Expected): $69,600
- To meet community needs and prevent service duplication.
- Develop relationships with other community agencies and institutions.
- Create and keep track of documents and reports, including budgets, personnel files, and training manuals.
National Average Salary (Expected): $32,353
- The major duty is to assist and direct students.
- Making lesson plans, and providing instructions.
- Helping students in chasing their dreams and finding their goals.
6. Sports Coach
National Average Salary (Expected): $41,577
- Illustrating good sportsmanship.
- Arranging and leading sporting events.
- Describing all guidelines, fundamental strategies, and related expectations.
- Directing rehabilitation training to help players in recovery reintegrate.
7. Parole Officer
National Average Salary (Expected): $46,536
- A parole officer must perform random drug tests, keeping track of employment history and achievement.
- Meeting with the offender and his family weekly or bimonthly.
- Presenting evidence to the judge if any condition has been broken out.
- The judge must receive regular reports from the parole officers regarding the parolee’s development during the conditioned release.
8. General Manager
National Average Salary (Expected): $59,779
- By establishing and upholding company standards, the major duty is to maintain high-quality service.
- Maintaining professionalism and increasing technical knowledge by participating in professional societies.
- Makes significant contributions to the team’s effort by completing relevant tasks as needed.
Also read: 10 Best Job Posting Sites for Employers in the USA!
9. Medical Services Manager
National Average Salary (Expected): $55,474
- Directing, collaborating, and managing resources, facilities, and services in the medical and non-medical fields.
- Communicating with administrative, medical, and professional employees at every level.
- Creating services and putting changes in place.
10. Mental Health Technician
National Average Salary (Expected): $90,561
- Gives people physical support along with individualized medical care.
- Confirms the protection and safety of the individual through inspection and control.
- Assists in carrying out duties to ensure that the assigned living unit and the patient service environment are maintained in accordance with Department, Facility, and regulatory standards.
11. Sales Manager
National Average Salary (Expected): $64,404
- Attend educational workshops, read trade publications, and build personal networks
- Join professional societies to keep up your knowledge of the industry.
- Participate in teamwork by completing relevant tasks as needed.
Top 3 Highest Paying Government Jobs with a Bachelor Degree in Psychology
There are a lot of doors open for the bachelor’s degree holder in psychology not only in the private sector but in government sectors as well.
If you are the one who has a bachelor’s degree in psychology and is willing to grab a government job. Then properly check the list given as under for jobs in various government sectors.
Here we are going to give the details about the top 3 government jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. These details of the 3 highest paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology under the government sector details are as follow:
|Job Role||Expected Salary Range||Requirements|
|Federal Bureau of Investigation Agent||$35,331 – $122,384||Age Limit- 23 to 36 years old. Bachelor’s degree 2 years of full-time work experience. Meet the physical standards for special agents. Must possess a valid driver’s license and have driven for a minimum of 6 months.|
|Military Psychologist||$41,000 – $63,000||Must have completed a bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, social science, or psychology field. Graduate and postgraduate internships need to be completed to meet the requirements for certification and licensing.|
|Criminal Profiler||$33,788 – $96,871.||Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as psychology or criminal justice. A master’s or Ph.D. is preferred. Extensive law enforcement training and investigative experience. An additional certification from a reputable organization.|
Which Industries Provide the Highest Paying Jobs With a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology?
After having a bachelor’s or before pursuing this degree you must have thought about its scope, right? If this question is picking up in your mind, which industries provide the highest paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. Then here are the answers to your doubts related to the scope of a bachelor’s degree in psychology.
List of industries providing highest paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology.
- Finance and Accounting
- Health Care
- Administration and Management
- HR and Employee Education
- Sales and Retail
- Real Estate and Business
- Social Work
- Human Resources
The above-mentioned highest paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology are high in demand, as per the market trends. Having a bachelor’s degree in psychology broadens career options both in the government and private sectors as given above.
To find employment as a psychology degree holder and take advantage of lucrative salaries and job satisfaction. All you really need is to have appropriate training, a positive outlook, together with some work experience.
Real Tip: To excel in your career more in the field of psychology, it is highly recommended to go for higher degrees such as Master’s, Ph.D., etc for getting the highest paying job.
Hope you like the article and we are also hoping that all your doubts have been resolved related to the highest paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. But still, if you have any queries in your mind then comment below in the comment box. We at 9to5job would love to help you to resolve all your queries as soon as possible.
FAQs related to highest paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology
Are psychologists in demand in the USA?
Yes, psychologists are in high demand in the USA. As per the latest data released by BLS there is an employment growth of 8% from 2020 to 2030 for psychologists. So, by 2030 there is high demand for psychologists to excel in their careers.
What is the highest-paying job with a bachelor’s degree in psychology?
There are many highest-paying jobs with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. Some of them are mentioned here such as Public Relations Specialists, Military Psychologists, counselors, General managers, etc.
What is the best way to make money with a bachelor’s in psychology?
You can make an incredible amount of money if you have a degree in psychology by serving in some services. These services are Crisis Intervention Specialists, Mental Health counselors, Geropsychologist, Recreational therapists, etc.
What jobs can you get after a bachelor’s in psychology?
After having a bachelor’s degree in psychology you can get jobs in various industries. Such as Social Work, Marketing, Insurance, Business, Finance, Accounting, etc. All the details for getting a job after a bachelor’s degree in psychology have been given above in the article.