11 Best-Paying Jobs in Broadcasting (USA)
Hey, there! A very warm welcome to all the future broadcasters. Yes, you read it correctly that you are a future broadcaster.
Don’t worry I am not an astrologer. But still, I can predict it on behalf of your fascinating interest and enthusiasm. You are searching for the best-paying jobs in broadcasting industry, right? But confused about how to tackle these jobs?
Then do one thing only, let’s move forward. I will let you know how to find the best job in this fascinating industry.
So, why should you read this and what will be found below in the article?
You will find here all the things about the broadcasting industry. Such as:
- What is the broadcasting industry?
- Highest paying broadcasting jobs?
- Best jobs in Media and Entertainment? How to tackle it?
- Which type of Broadcasting degree is required? Entry-level broadcasting jobs salary?
- Broadcasting job outlook by 2030 with proper data and statistics? Broadcasting job roles and duties?
And so many other related things regarding broadcasting jobs.
I will let you know all the major and minor details about the best-paying jobs in broadcasting industry in the article below.
What do you mean by broadcasting career?
Broadcasting careers are highly competitive and fascinating careers, especially for youth. If you think that you are full of creativity then this field is like a cherry on the top for you. If you are looking for the best jobs in media and entertainment then this is the exact profession where you can explore your creativity.
Broadcast media offers jobs in management, technical, and creative fields. Careers in broadcasting play a significant part in the entertainment sector and are a great way of communicating with the audience.
If you enjoy producing, performing in, or just enjoying listening to or watching television and radio programs, a career in broadcasting might be interesting for you.
Through platforms like radio and television, broadcasting spreads media. A career in broadcasting might entail producing broadcasts like newscasts, sportscasts, or radio shows.
To get the best-paying jobs in broadcasting, a bachelor’s degree in respective fields such as broadcasting, communications, or journalism is typically required for many jobs in the industry. All broadcast industry careers require strong communication and presentation abilities to perform well.
Broadcasting Job Outlook statistics by 2030
Before looking for the best-paying jobs in broadcasting, it is important to know the future aspect of that particular job. Here authentic data has been provided for the broadcasting job outlook by 2030 for some of the jobs in the broadcasting field.
- By 2030, jobs in the broadcasting industry are predicted to grow by 14%, making it a promising industry to work in.
- Furthermore, 151,500 new jobs are predicted to generate (by 2030) by BLS.
- The escalating demand for digital content creation is one of the factors contributing to the rapid growth of broadcasting careers.
The more precise and detailed job outlook for the best-paying jobs in broadcasting can be seen in the following table.
|Job Role||Job Outlook||Expected Salary||Requirements|
|Art Director||11%||$100,890 per year||Bachelor’s Degree in Art and Design, More than 5 years of experience|
|Film Producer and Director||24%||$79,000 per year||Bachelor’s Degree in respective fields. 5 years of experience|
|Technical Writer||12%||$78,060 per year||Bachelor’s Degree Knowledge of Technical Subjects|
|Blogger (Author, Writer)||9%||$69,510 per year||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Content Strategists||N/A||$64,000 per year||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Public Relation Specialists||11%||$62,800 per year||Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or Public Relations|
|Film/ Video Editor||29%||$62,680 per year||Bachelor’s Degree in Film and Broadcasting|
|Camera Operator||29%||$60,360 per year||Bachelor’s Degree in Film and Broadcasting|
|Social Media Manager||N/A||$50,000 per year||Bachelor’s degree in Communication|
|Sound Technician||21%||$49,050 per year||Associate Degree in sound technology|
|News Analysts, and Journalists||6%||$48,370 per year||Bachelor’s Degree Mass Communication Degree|
11 best-paying jobs in Broadcasting industry: Expected Salary, Job Role, Requirements
Here I have discussed one by one 11 job roles for best-paying jobs in broadcasting. The annual median salary along with the role has also been shown. However, the salary will depend on your skills, educational qualifications, requirements, and experience level of yours.
1. Art Director
Expected Salary: $100,890 per year
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art and Design.
- 5 years of previous work experience is also needed.
What does an Art Director do?
- For advertisements and products, art directors create visual concepts.
- They might work in television, print media, and other media.
- Art directors may have started as graphic designers, photographers, or illustrators, depending on their field.
- You need to be an effective communicator, be able to lead a group of artists, and be knowledgeable about the design software needed for this position.
2. Film Producer and Director
Expected Salary- $79,000 per year
- A bachelor’s degree in Film, Broadcasting, and Directing.
- Less than 5 years of experience is needed in Film, TV stage, acting, video editing, theatre management, etc.
What does a Film Producer and Director do?
- A producer is in charge of managing every aspect of a project, including budgeting, casting, site selection, and more.
- A director has creative control over every aspect of filmmaking and is responsible for enacting the script’s vision.
3. Technical Writer
Expected Salary: $78,060 per year
- A bachelor’s degree and experience of fewer than 5 years in technical subjects.
What does a Technical writer do?
- They are also known as technical communicators.
- To explain to users how the product functions, technical writers frequently create diagrams.
- Instruction manuals, how-to guides, journal articles, and other supporting documents are created by technical writers, to help people understand complex technical information more clearly.
4. Blogger (Author, and Writer)
Expected Salary: $69,510 per year
- For a job as a writer or author, a college degree in English, communications, or journalism is typically necessary.
- It is advantageous to gain experience through internships or any writing that develops skills, such as blogging.
What does a Blogger (Author and Writer) do?
- For a variety of media, writers and authors create written content.
- Businesses often recruit bloggers as part of their marketing strategy and to improve their online rankings using SEO.
- The ability to produce attention-grabbing copy while adhering to the organization’s voice and style guidelines, as well as keeping social media and SEO best practices in mind, is a requirement for writers who focus primarily on blogs.
Also check: 20 Best Paying Jobs for Attractive Females (USA)
5. Content Strategists
Expected Salary: $64,000 per year
- Bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement for content strategists.
- Good command of verbal and written English (US) language.
What does a Content Strategist do?
- Planning, curating, designing, drafting, creating, editing, and hence publishing relevant and important content depending on the company’s and users’ needs.
- The primary responsibility of the strategist is to create a content strategy that supports and aims to accomplish business objectives.
6. Public Relations Specialists
Expected Salary: $62,800 per year
- A bachelor’s degree in public relations or some other communication-related field, or business is typically required for public relations specialists.
What does a Public Relation Specialist do?
- Specialists in public relations develop and uphold a positive public image for the people, groups, or associations they represent.
- To influence how the public perceives their clients and to raise awareness of each client’s work and objectives, they create press releases and create social media programs.
7. Film/Video Editor
Expected Salary: $62,680 per year
- A bachelor’s degree in a similar field to film or broadcasting is typically required for film/ video editors.
What does a Film/Video Editor do?
- Determine the production’s overall goal in collaboration with the director
- To enhance a scene, go over filming and editing strategies with the director.
- Choose the proper tools, such as the lens or lighting type.
8. Camera Operator
Expected Salary: $60,360 per year
- A bachelor’s degree in a similar field to film or broadcasting is typically required for camera operators.
What does a Camera Operator do?
- Camera operators record a variety of content for movies, television, and other mainstream press.
- Record and produce news and sporting events, documentaries, music videos, and television shows.
9. Social Media Manager
Expected Salary: $50,000 per year
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication and Media is required for the post of social media manager.
What does a Social Media Manager do?
- Consider working in a social media manager position after learning relevant skills, if you are wondering how to get a job in media with no experience.
- You will be in charge of coming up with and publishing social media posts for all platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and TikTok, in this position.
- To increase brand awareness, you’ll have to create social media campaigns and advertisements.
10. Sound Technician
Expected Salary: $49,050 per year
- An associate degree in sound technology is required for sound technicians.
- Technical knowledge is a must in electronics and electricity.
What does a Sound Technician do?
- To create and modify the sound for performances and recordings, sound technicians use their specialized expertise.
- Sound technician responsibilities include setting up, using, and maintaining the technical tools that are used to record, amplify, boost, mix, or reproduce sound.
- They will determine the sound requirements for a specific task or circumstance and take the necessary steps to produce this sound.
11. News Analysts and Journalists
Expected Salary: $48,370 per year
- A bachelor’s degree in a respective field such as journalism, communications, or a closely related field like English is typically required for news analysts, reporters, and journalists.
What do News Analysts and Journalists do?
- Journalists, reporters, and news analysts inform the public about noteworthy news and current events.
- For websites, newspapers, magazines, television, and radio, provide international, national, and local news coverage.
The broadcasting industry is one of the fastest-growing, highest-paying, and evergreen industries. By the end of 2030, you will have tremendous opportunities to excel in multiple broadcasting fields.
Due to the growth of social media, more opportunities are there in broadcasting, and most broadcasting salaries are higher than the $56,310 US national average salary. So, always keep yourself updated with the new skills and latest technologies as well.
Make awesome portfolios of yours on different social media platforms, and make podcasts as well. Send your resume to different broadcasting platforms and make them speechless and let them wonder about your creativity and extraordinary skills.
For sure, you will get a job of your interest among the available best-paying jobs in broadcasting industry.
FAQs related to Best-Paying Jobs in Broadcasting
Is broadcasting a good career field?
The digital entertainment landscape is changing, and this is expected to have an impact on the broadcasting industry.
Whether it is about reading news or spending time on entertainment. Mostly, people in the US are having their daily news through social media i.e. they are mostly liking digital paper content.
So, yes, if you are interested in creating and sharing content then definitely a career in broadcasting can be rewarding and exciting.
What are the highest paying careers and jobs in media and entertainment?
The highest paying careers in the media and entertainment industries are Animator, Cinematographer, Film Producer, Entertainment Lawyer, Film actor, Copywriter, Talent Manager, etc.
What is the highest-paying job in the communications field?
Demand Generation Director, Product Marketing Director, Director of Strategic Alliances, and Global Account Manager are few among the highest-paying jobs in the communication field. You can expect the mid-career mean pay between $130,000 to $200,000 depending on your skills, experience, and education.
What is the highest-paying job in media?
The new emerging media jobs offer a respectable occupational outlook and a decent living wage, according to the BLS’ Occupational Outlook Handbook. Such media jobs as Interpreter, Film or Video Editor, Public Relations Specialist, Art Director, and Content Strategist. These are some of the highest-paying jobs in the media sector.
Now, we have reached the end of the article for the highest-paying broadcasting jobs. I have tried my level best to let you know about the best-paying jobs in broadcasting.
If still, you have any doubts or queries in your head. Then do let me know by writing your queries here in the comment section below. Trust me, I would reply for sure, and will work hard to resolve your queries at any cost as soon as I can.
Stay happy, stay safe, and always be connected with us. Our 9to5job.us team will always be there for your needs until you get your dream job.