Best entry-level jobs in NYC for college graduates – well, some of us want to work and establish a great career right even after we have got minimal education, training, and experience.
However, we often are scared, concerning the fact that most college graduates don’t even know what to do next. That’s normal because when I graduated I didn’t have any idea what I was going to do next.
So, the students who have figured out all – are exemptions, not a path that everyone can not walk on.
Okay! Before knowing what are the best entry-level jobs in NYC for college graduates, let’s see, why New York is one of the best places to work –
- New York has acquired the most Fortune Best Workplaces to work.
- Over one million businesses exist in New York City, thus, offering great opportunities.
- Offers higher salary to the employees for the same roles, they have been working in different places. For instance, the salary for a marketing manager in NYC is 9% higher than the national average.
- With the high population, you can meet new people personally and professionally.
- With the buses, subways, and taxis, New York City offers ferries and a public bike-sharing program, NYC offers great mobility to the people.
These reasons make New York a great place to work while enjoying life. And if you are already crazy about the city, let’s see, what are the possible best entry-level jobs in NYC for college graduates.
15 Best Entry Level Jobs in NYC For College Graduates
1. Junior Digital Maketer
One of the best entry-level jobs in NYC for college graduates is – digital marketing, which includes Junior SEO executive/ digital marketer, and content writer.
Yes, trust me, working as a Junior SEO executive/ digital marketer, and a content writer will be a great career, since these are one of the growing markets, considering that everything is online nowadays.
Be it searching for any brand new information or news, you find it all online, right?
That’s what you will do, being a Junior SEO executive/ digital marketer, you would be responsible for SEO Off-Page SEO Keyword Research Rank Tracking METAs Optimization, and other roles and responsibility that comes with the job.
Moreover, if you are going for the role of a junior content writer, you would be responsible for creating creative and unique content.
And let me apprise you with something, these jobs go hand in hand, since, as a content writer you would be responsible for on-page SEO, that is including searched keywords in your content. While as a Junior SEO executive/ digital marketer, you would be responsible for off-page SEO, that is the creation of backlinks, improving search engine ranking, and more.
2. Claim trainee
Want to work in the insurance industry?
Well, if yes, then I have found one of the perfect entry-level jobs in NYC for college graduates, that is claim adjuster trainee.
Being a claim trainee you would be responsible for handling insurance claims that are filed by policyholders, including creating strategies and scheduling tasks to complete your work. Though, being a trainee, you would work under a supervisor, who possesses the experience and license to conduct this work.
Moreover, since this job does not require a particular education requirement and experience, this could certainly be one of the best jobs for recent college graduates with no experience.
3. Programme assistant
Here is one more best job for recent college graduates with no experience, that’s program assistant, plus, you can perfectly work as a program assistant if you are an organized person yourself.
Why is it a perfect job for an organized person?
Let’s see, you would be responsible for managing the calendar of the program manager, processing payments to vendors and suppliers, including attending staff meetings and taking minutes. Moreover, it also includes answering phones and emails and preparing meeting rooms.
4. Associate analyst program (best jobs in NYC for entry-level)
Being an associate analyst program, you would be responsible for –
- Setting up reporting systems and collecting data
- Using analytical skills to understand how the collected data affects business decisions
- Preparing reports those detailed findings and recommending solutions
- Research and investigation for a specific business process and department, and more
Depending on the responsibilities of this job, I believe, that if you are good at research and data collection – that’s the job for you.
5. Entry-level case manager
The entry-level case manager is an individual who, specifically works, in assessing, planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating actions required to meet the client’s health and human services needs.
Moreover, you often have to work with physicians, social workers, and families, including human services providers.
Check out these 14 UNIQUE Best Jobs For Someone With BPD (U.S)
6. Production assistant
Well, the task of a production assistant could vary depending on distinct days, however, a production assistant is responsible for printing and distributing scripts, running errands (for Directors and Producers), including relaying messages between other members to ensure everything runs smoothly from start to finish.
This could actually be one of the best recent college graduate jobs with no experience in NYC, considering that it includes certain basic roles and responsibilities.
7. Support engineer
Support engineer could be one of the best jobs in NYC for entry-level, though, it is only perfect if you have pursued graduation in B.Tech, considering that within the duration of your course, you would learn and understand basic understanding of what an engineer does.
Moreover, if you think, right after graduation, you are not ready to work as a support engineer, then, let me apprise you with some of the job roles and responsibilities to clear this doubt –
- Providing assistance to customers in setting up an account and installation.
- Ensure appropriate functioning through configuring networks.
- Providing step-by-step guidance or supervision to clients regarding solving technical issues, and more.
Sounds easy, isn’t it?
All you need is pretty much learning and training, and you are good to go, with this one of the best jobs for recent college graduates with no experience.
Check out, the Top 11 Highest Paying Mechanical Engineering Jobs (USA)
8. Project coordinator – Best Entry Level Job in NYC for College Graduates
One more job, in which you can use your natural organizational skills – is the project coordinator.
Why is it a perfect job for an organized person?
- Execute project management administrative tasks.
- Prepare and manage project management documents.
- Schedule stakeholder meetings, and document and generate reports.
- Support project managers and team members to help them complete project tasks.
- Foster cross-team collaboration
Perfect, isn’t it?
Like a dream job, where you can control and organize everything, it’s like a fairyland for you, and for me, it is one more job for recent college graduates with no experience. You will learn a lot with your manager or lead.
9. Associate product owner
If you are looking for one of the entry-level jobs in NYC for college graduates, then associate product owner is perfect for you, since you don’t need any prior job experience for that as you can learn all of it under the guidance of a senior product owner.
Well, if I have to be honest, this job, is pretty simple, since you would be incharge of –
- Plan and coordinate the execution and delivery of your product roadmap
- Collaboration closely with UX/UI designers, engineering teams, quality assurance, and third-party vendors
- Assist in developing and executing product vision and strategy
- Monitor the utilization of released functionality, and others
One of the reasons for choosing this as one of the best jobs in NYC for entry-level is that it sets a path for you to become a senior product owner, once you will attain the required knowledge.
Um.. don’t miss these 18 Best $20 an Hour Jobs With No Experience Near Me! (USA)
10. Quality documentation specialist
As its name reflects, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the records of quality, typically through the usage of the software that allows users to create detailed reports on the quality of products or services being provided by their company.
11. Test technician
Being a test technician, you will be responsible for –
- Inspect components before assembly.
- Test trial products during development.
- Test finished goods.
- Record testing data and analyze results to determine whether products meet quality standards.
- Maintain testing methods and equipment.
- Assemble and calibrate testing equipment.
Though, to be a test technician, you might need to complete a course, to reflect your expertise in the area.
If you are planning to drop college, we have 8 Best Jobs for College Dropouts (U.S.A), though we hope, you won’t.
12. Customer success associate
Ever heard of this job post before?
Don’t worry, neither did I, until now, so, why don’t we start with, the roles of a Customer success associate –
- Providing customers with product training or support during their subscription term.
- Listening to customers’ needs and providing solutions that meet those needs.
- Document customer interactions with details about the nature of the interaction and any resolutions achieved.
From the mentioned a few responsibilities, it can easily be concluded that this is the perfect job role, if you are a critical thinker, organized, and are a great communicator.
13. Accounting coordinator
Again, as its name defines, an accounting coordinator is the person who works or coordinates with the other members of the accounting department. The main purpose of an accounting coordinator is to compile, analyze, and report financial data, including the preparation of journal or ledger entries.
Moreover, you would also be responsible for preparing weekly, monthly, and yearly financial reports and budgets, including assisting with tax preparation, audits and identifying and resolving discrepancies.
14. Business development associate (entry-level jobs in NYC for college graduates)
A business development associate is responsible for –
- Developing and executing strategic sales plans.
- Growing existing accounts.
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Working closely with the senior management team to ensure that all stakeholders are informed of the progress of the sales team.
15. Account service representative
Being an Account service representative you would typically have to work with the sales and customer service team to make sure that a product and service satisfy the clients. Moreover, you will also have to input data into a CRM system that pertains to communications with the clients.
Ah! An ideal job for a person with basic computer knowledge and communication skills.
With these 15 best entry-level jobs in NYC for college graduates, hope you can find the one job which is best for you. Moreover, most of the mentioned jobs could also be categorized as jobs for recent college graduates with no experience or recent college graduate jobs with no experience NYC.
Yet, I would like to mention certain trending jobs for recent college graduates with no experience. But this job could disappear by 2030.
Fasting-Growing Trending Entry Level Jobs in NYC For College Graduates
These are also one of the Highest Paying Jobs For Recent College Graduates With No Experience
- Field data collectors
- Junior analyst
- Marketing analyst
- Account manager
- Vaccine specialist
- Diversity and inclusion manager
- Customer marketing manager
- Machine learning engineer
- Process development scientist
- Business development specialist
- Search marketing manager
- User experience researcher
- Business system administrator
- Analyst relations specialist
Some of these jobs are the fastest-growing jobs in the United States as mentioned in CNBC.
With my hand-picked 15 Best Entry Level Jobs in NYC For College Graduates and trending Highest Paying Jobs For Recent College Graduates With No Experience, I believe, I have covered most of the jobs, a graduate might want to do.
Moreover, as you might have noticed, I have also noticed some characteristics or personality traits for which one job might be perfect. For instance, an organized person might want to do something where he can lead or organize things, isn’t it?
So, let me know whether you have found your dream job here or not. And you can also reach me if you need more explanation in respect to any of the mentioned jobs.
All the best for your career ahead felas!!